This is meant to be a small guide to the Entrance fees to national museums and archaeological sites in Greece – policy of the Hellenic Ministry of Culture and Sports. Read the below and take advantage of free admission days or reduced entrance fees.
Inform yourself about the specific entrance fee to the museum or archaeological site of your preference in meetcrete’s separate articles in Category – Archaeological Sites . Museums . Cultural Monuments
Free or Reduced entrance to Museums and Archaeological Sites Greece
Free admission days in Greek museums
- 6 March (in memory of Melina Mercouri)
- 5 June (International Enviroment Day)
- 18 April (International Monuments Day)
- 18 May (International Museums Day)
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- Every first Sunday from November 1st to March 31st
- National Holidays (25.03. and 28.10.)
The above cannot be guaranteed, better ask at your hotel reception the day before your planned visit.
Reduced admission is granted to:
Greek citizens and citizens of other Member – States of the European Union aged over 65 years old by showing their ID card or passport.
Students of Higher Education Institutes and equivalent Schools from countries outside the EU by showing their student ID.
Free admission is granted to:
- Cultural Card holders
- Journalists with a journalist identity card
- Members of Societies and Associations of Friends of Museums and Archaeological Sites throughout Greece with the demonstration of certified membership card
- Members of the ICOM-ICOMOS
- Persons accompanying blind and disabled
- Persons possessing a free admission card
- The escorting teachers of schools and institutions of elementary, middle school, high school, university and graduate level education during their visits
- The official guests of the Greek government, with the approval of the General Director of Antiquities.
- Tourist guides after demonstrating their professional identity of the Ministry of Culture and Tourism.
- University students and students at Technological Educational Institutes or equivalent schools of Member – States of the European
- Union and students at Schools of Tourist Guides, by showing their student ID
- Young people, under the age of 18, after demonstrating the Identity Card or passport to confirm the age
- Unemployed Greek citizens, after demonstrating their OAED card
Find and book a hotel in Crete
Find your hotel in: Chania
Find your hotel in: Paleochora
Find your hotel in: Loutro
Find your hotel in: Kalives
Find your hotel in: Rethymnon
Find your hotel in: Plakias
Find your hotel in: Agia Galini
Find your hotel in: Matala
Find your hotel in: Heraklion
Find your hotel in: Hersonissos
Find your hotel in: Malia
Find your hotel in: Agios Nikolaos
Find your hotel in: Sitia
Find your hotel in: Makri Gialos
Find your hotel in: Ierapetra