Category - Rethymnon area
The Rethymnon area at a glance
Rethymnon area has a lot to offer. Scroll down to find your favorite place.
- Discover unspoiled beaches: Triopetra, Preveli Palm beach, Damnoni and Shinaria beach
- Explore stalactite caves: Melidoni cave and Zoniana’s Sfendoni cave
- Visit the monasteries Arkadi and Preveli and feel the peace
- Be on the footsteps of the ancient inhabitants in the village Argyroupoli (ancient Lappa and its imposing cemetery) or in the Late Minoan cemetery at Armeni with a Tholos tomb
- Take a stroll in villages like Plakias and Agia Galini at the south coast, stop in Spili with its unique row of lion head fountains, enjoy a bath in the former fisher village Bali at Rethymnon’s north coast
- Be amazed by three Road Trips: through High Plains and Gorges (Askifou plateau, Imbros and Kourtaliotiko gorge), Road Trip Crete Nida Plateau (Sfendoni stalactite cave, Anogia, Ideon Andron cave-where Rhea raised her son Zeus), and to the wild south coast (Preveli monasteries and Preveli Palm beach, Triopetra beach).
- Enjoy hiking in the gorge of the mills